more performer info on...

Image of Amia Miley
Amia Miley

Amia Miley (page 11)

AuthorTopic
melt
Pornstar Diplomat

The pride of Manchester
4893 Posts
1/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 03:06:21 PM


gfunk wrote:


Amia Miley wrote:


melt wrote:

Perhaps the fans here at ADT should give Amia a few (sorry I meant a lot) more votes. She does after all post here on a regular basis compared to Kagney who has not as yet done so. On top of that she is a genuine newbie and is as cute as they come (or is that cum) and would be a worthy winner.

Lets rally behind our own.


thank you melt for posting this for me and helping out.. and yeah i actually am an active poster on here and actually do talk to everynone on my twitter and myspace... alot of girls dont do that.. i make friends with my fans.. ask rudy anyone... come on guys i know your reading this, so please help out... i really am a "newbie." unlike alot of other girls who gets "best newbie"... "best new starlet" awards and yet have been doing porn for 2, 3, years lol. this really is my first year


ease it up on putting down the other girls...kagney, brooke lee, and angelina work hard too and interact with their fans as well. brooke and angelina actively post on ADT.

if your bitterness is about the AVNs then you just need to realize and accept it's how it has been and always will be. there's usually a year lag as girls start out slowly in their first year establishing themselves (typically w/ internet shoots) and come into their own in their second year (doing higher quality DVD work). kagney is the exception as she outworked everyone big time in 2009 and AVN recognized that. if a model did softcore modeling or a handful of hardcore shoots in years prior it shouldn't matter. at the 2011 AVNS many of the performers who began establishing themselves in '09 will get their much deserved recognition with a best new starlet nomination (and hopefully this includes you).

i'm not trying to be harsh (and i consider myself a fan of yours) but when you try to boost yourself by putting down other models it comes off bad. just imagine if kagney linn karter got on her twitter and said "vote for me! unlike OTHERS i don't pester you every 15 minutes begging for your vote". that'd be pretty bad, no? i respect your efforts and desire to win but you should maintain a level of class in do trying to do so.


In my opinion I think you are being more than a bit harsh on Amia. I have not read anywhere that Amia has tried to put down her competition in any of her posts or via Twitter.

She has shown a strong desire to win and is canvassing as hard as she can to try and get her fan base to make the effort to support her. I admire that and do not see that as not maintaining a level of class as you put it. In fact that statement of yours is incredibly disrespectful coming from someone who professes to be a fan.


I admire all four girls that have got into the final and any one of them would be a worthy winner. Amia just appears to want to win that little bit more and being competitive by nature I respect that hunger to win and therefore support her efforts.

Go To Top of page [Link]
rudyjay
Member

83 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 03:57:58 PM
^^Amia did not start out slowly in her first year. In December, her first full month, she made about 20 videos and she continued on this pace for the full year. On a trip to Miami in March she shot 4 videos in three days including taking on Ramon and Preston back to back. At that point in her career she struggled handling those big cocks but like a trooper smiled and did the best she could. I doubt that there are many girls who worked harder than she did this past year.

As far as "higher quality DVD work" you can take a look at her shoot for This Girl Sucks. Many of the girls up for AVN awards this year also shot for This Girl Sucks. Compare their videos with the one done by Amia, as I have, and then tell me with a straight face that Amia does not deserve to be at least considered for an AVN award now. The photography, the make up, the performance and the technique of the blow job were of the highest quality. I am sure that not being at least considered for an AVN award hurts and maybe leaves her with some bitterness.

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 04:22:37 PM
Well Melt, let's analyze her statement:

amiatwit.jpg

When I see the word ACTUALLY in big caps I take it to say "I, as opposed to my competition...". I only have 3 other options to vote for (there's no write in) so I take it so say that these other competitors don't do such things (and I, and I'm sure you Melt, know that Brooke, Angelina, and Kagney all work hard and interact with their fans as well). It's all about the manner in which you say things - you use a word like "ACTUALLY" in big caps and now you're starting to speak negatively about the competition (that's how I read it and I consider myself a bright guy). If that's not her intention then my post should be taken to alert her that she needs to be careful with how she says things.

What if a politician on the campaign trail said: "Vote for me, I ACTUALLY support gay couples' rights". He/she would be suggesting the the other candidates don't, no? A lot dfferent then a politician saying "Vote for me, I support gay couples' rights". It is just one word, but it changes the tone of the statement drastically

And then this whole business about being a "REAL newbie". She uses caps so I'm going to start reading into what she's saying. I interpret this to mean that she thinks that a model is only a "REAL" newbie if it is their first year in the industry. Hmmm, who could this be a dig at?

1) Brooke Lee Adams - she started in 2006 doing different solo shoots and did one hardcore shoot. Just because she decided at 22 to commit to doing hardcore fulltime shouldn't disqualify her from being a newbie/starlet (and she shouldn't be considered a "FAKE" newbie because of that)
2) Angelina Armani - She did hardcore work for a good portion of 2008 as Arianna Armani but really made her mark with high quality work in 2009 as Angelina. This was a big controversy with the AVN Nominations with people saying she shouldn't qualify for Starlet of the Year and I thought that was hypocritical and wrong.

If I was harsh in my initial post I apologize but I did went to tell Amia that you have to be careful with how you choose to say things. I AM a fan Melt and as I said I respect all the hard work she's put in this year. But I also think she can win without putting down the competition which is what you are doing when you use words like "ACTUALLY" and "REAL". Go look at the other competitors (Eva, Jenna Haze, etc) and you won't see any statements where they put down others. If Eva said "Vote for me, because I am ACTUALLY a hard working performer" or "Vote for me, because I am a REAL pornstar" I'd have issue with that as well.

Do you get where I'm coming from, Melt? I don't want Amia to look bitter or have a lack of class because she doesn't need to stoop to that level to do well in this business.

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 04:55:32 PM


rudyjay wrote:
^^Amia did not start out slowly in her first year. In December, her first full month, she made about 20 videos and she continued on this pace for the full year. On a trip to Miami in March she shot 4 videos in three days including taking on Ramon and Preston back to back. At that point in her career she struggled handling those big cocks but like a trooper smiled and did the best she could. I doubt that there are many girls who worked harder than she did this past year.

As far as "higher quality DVD work" you can take a look at her shoot for This Girl Sucks. Many of the girls up for AVN awards this year also shot for This Girl Sucks. Compare their videos with the one done by Amia, as I have, and then tell me with a straight face that Amia does not deserve to be at least considered for an AVN award now. The photography, the make up, the performance and the technique of the blow job were of the highest quality. I am sure that not being at least considered for an AVN award hurts and maybe leaves her with some bitterness.


Rudy, I realize she worked her ass off and I give her credit but you have to realize that for AVN noms they're going to be primarily looking for DVDs made with the upper echelon studios (Elegant Angel, Jules Jordan, etc). Doing 20 scenes with internet companies is not going to get you there (although it did serve its purpose in getting her experience and recognition). A good gauge for this is by looking at an actress' IAFD profile. Amia has 20 DVDs listed but most of them are compilations or teen movies. That's not gonna get you a nomination. Compare this to KLK. SIXTY DVD titles. Numerous titles with Elegant Angel and she even was chosen as an EA Performer of the Year. AVN had to give her the nomination. This isn't to say Amia won't get the nod next year as titles with Jenna Haze, etc. are starting to come out. I fully expect her to get a nom for 2011 Starlet of the Year with two years of experience.

And Melt, this is what makes me want to warn Amia when it comes to complaining about actresses being given Starlet Nominations with 2 years experience. Be classy and don't complain because guess what - her time will come! Would Amia appreciate her potential Starlet of the Year nomination be questioned because she has two years expereince? I would think not, so she should watch it with the bitterness now (which I call a lack of class).

As I've argued, the actresses who started out "in the minors" in 2009 will get their reconition in the 2011 AVNs. Actresses like Brooke Lee Adams, Gracie Glam, Isis Taylor, etc. will all get their moment to shine. You need to be patient and let those who came before you get their recongnition.

Go To Top of page [Link]
melt
Pornstar Diplomat

The pride of Manchester
4893 Posts
1/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 04:57:21 PM
http://twitter.com/Kagneytweets

Perhaps you can use your powers of analysis on the above tweet.

Assumptions are dangerous and although you have gone to a lot of trouble explaining why you think Amia is putting down her competition I am not in the least bit convinced that this is in fact the case. In this case we must agree to differ in our opinions.

Amia has no way of knowing whether her competitors do or do not interact as well as she does. She is merely stating what she does in fact do.

The FACT that she is a newbie is a FACT so why should she not state that as a FACT. You yourself admit that two of her competitors have been performing for a couple of years. That is not her competitors fault and I dont for a minute see her stating that Fact as a put down to them personally. They did not apply to be included in the Newbie category.

Go To Top of page [Link]
GODFATHER
Member

Some say 'Make love, not war'.....I say you can do both, if you budget your time
597 Posts
9/04
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:13:20 PM
Consider it done. Amia rules!!!!
Go To Top of page [Link]
Jack Remington
Member

Atlanta
209 Posts
12/04
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:40:32 PM
I like Kagney too, but Amia is DEFINITELY my favorite newcomer of 2009.
Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:45:08 PM

gfunk wrote:

When I see the word ACTUALLY in big caps I take it to say "I, as opposed to my competition...". I only have 3 other options to vote for (there's no write in) so I take it so say that these other competitors don't do such things (and I, and I'm sure you Melt, know that Brooke, Angelina, and Kagney all work hard and interact with their fans as well). It's all about the manner in which you say things - you use a word like "ACTUALLY" in big caps and now you're starting to speak negatively about the competition (that's how I read it and I consider myself a bright guy). If that's not her intention then my post should be taken to alert her that she needs to be careful with how she says things.


FIRST OF ALL, i have absolutely no problem with kagney, angelina, or brooke.. and if i did, i would say so.. so don't put your own words into my mouth... I posted those things directed towards somebody completely different whom i read a bunch of new articles saying that it was theyr very first year in porn when the reality of it, theyve been doing it for almost 3 years now... so yes, when people lie, I GET OFFENDED.. i have never once doubted how hard kagney, angelina, or brooke work.. i'm sure they do work hard and talk to fans and are good people otherwise theyd have a bad repatuation... once again, those things i said WERE NOT AIMED TOWARDS THEM.. it was aimed towards someone whom i think is a joke getting nominated for anything because shes a compulsive drunk and addicted to drugs and just ridiculous.. but anyways that is a different story... thats cool that brookes been doing this since 06 and angelina since 08 and kagney since whenever she started..... but for someone to say its their FIRST year when its not its bullshit for the people whom it REALLY IS THERE FIRST year like myself. I WAS CALLING OUT A LIAR.. maybe you should have messaged me yourself and asked me whom those tweets were aimed towards instead of making your own conclusions then going onto ADT n talking shit.

trimmed quote

Edited by - heynow on 1/1/2010 10:43:17 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:49:32 PM
and oh, FYI when i was saying i "ACTUALLY" talk to my fans and actively post on ADT... i was not putting down other people and saying that they dont.. i was stating that i do... i get alot of messsages from people on myspace and twitter thinking that it must not be my real myspace/twitter because i reply to everyone.... when fans send me a message or tweet and i respond, alot of them are like- woah is this the real girl?... so once again, INSTEAD OF MAKING ASSUMPTIONS OF WHAT I MEAN BY SOMETHING.. WHY DONT YOU ASK FIRST INSTEAD OF ASSUMING!

deleted quote

Edited by - heynow on 1/1/2010 10:44:02 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:52:40 PM


melt wrote:
http://twitter.com/Kagneytweets

Perhaps you can use your powers of analysis on the above tweet.

Assumptions are dangerous and although you have gone to a lot of trouble explaining why you think Amia is putting down her competition I am not in the least bit convinced that this is in fact the case. In this case we must agree to differ in our opinions.

Amia has no way of knowing whether her competitors do or do not interact as well as she does. She is merely stating what she does in fact do.

The FACT that she is a newbie is a FACT so why should she not state that as a FACT. You yourself admit that two of her competitors have been performing for a couple of years. That is not her competitors fault and I dont for a minute see her stating that Fact as a put down to them personally. They did not apply to be included in the Newbie category.


Which Kagney tweet dude? I'm being serious, her tweets come off a lot differently than Amia's, lol.

When you start questioning a nominees merits, I have a problem with it. Straight from this thread Amia said:

"unlike alot of other girls who gets "best newbie"... "best new starlet" awards and yet have been doing porn for 2, 3, years lol. this really is my first year"

She's basically saying anyone with 2+ years doesn't deserve best starlet (or she's mocking them). Is that fair to someone like Tanner Mayes? And as I said earlier, next year Amia will be in Tanner's boat. Does she want actresses with less than a year experience questioning her nomination then? If you don't sense the bitterness (be it slight) in her statement then I don't know what to say. Even rudy (who is a bigger fan than you or) says she may have bitter feelings, and I think that makes her look bad (in my opinion).

Again, it's the use of the word "REAL" and what it suggests about the other competitors. Newbie and Starlet can be used interchangeably IMO where one full year + of quality work qualifies you for it One scene from Brooke and a handful from Angelina shouldn't make them any less "real".


Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:57:14 PM


ease it up on putting down the other girls...kagney, brooke lee, and angelina work hard too and interact with their fans as well. brooke and angelina actively post on ADT.

if your bitterness is about the AVNs then you just need to realize and accept it's how it has been and always will be. there's usually a year lag as girls start out slowly in their first year establishing themselves (typically w/ internet shoots) and come into their own in their second year (doing higher quality DVD work). kagney is the exception as she outworked everyone big time in 2009 and AVN recognized that. if a model did softcore modeling or a handful of hardcore shoots in years prior it shouldn't matter. at the 2011 AVNS many of the performers who began establishing themselves in '09 will get their much deserved recognition with a best new starlet nomination (and hopefully this includes you).

i'm not trying to be harsh (and i consider myself a fan of yours) but when you try to boost yourself by putting down other models it comes off bad. just imagine if kagney linn karter got on her twitter and said "vote for me! unlike OTHERS i don't pester you every 15 minutes begging for your vote". that'd be pretty bad, no? i respect your efforts and desire to win but you should maintain a level of class in do trying to do so.


I am not bitter about AVN... yes, it would have been amazing to get nominated.. but that was definitely a far fetched idea for me. and yes, i do realize the whole lag thing.... and FYI.. i have noticed much kagney has accomplished this year and i think she definitely deserves a million and a half awards for it... Her success this year is definitely motivating for what i want to accomplish next year.. I think kagney is badass n would love to do a scene with her.. It's an honor to even be in the same poll with her and it's mind blowing that im evening keeping up with her numbers in RR.. i dont know where you ever got the assumptions that i was even trying for a second to put kagney down because it'd be completely stupid for me to even try that.. you say you respect my eforts and desire to win... well if you really do, then next time, ask me first about stuff instead of assuming.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 05:58:23 PM


gfunk wrote:


melt wrote:
http://twitter.com/Kagneytweets

Perhaps you can use your powers of analysis on the above tweet.

Assumptions are dangerous and although you have gone to a lot of trouble explaining why you think Amia is putting down her competition I am not in the least bit convinced that this is in fact the case. In this case we must agree to differ in our opinions.

Amia has no way of knowing whether her competitors do or do not interact as well as she does. She is merely stating what she does in fact do.

The FACT that she is a newbie is a FACT so why should she not state that as a FACT. You yourself admit that two of her competitors have been performing for a couple of years. That is not her competitors fault and I dont for a minute see her stating that Fact as a put down to them personally. They did not apply to be included in the Newbie category.


Which Kagney tweet dude? I'm being serious, her tweets come off a lot differently than Amia's, lol.

When you start questioning a nominees merits, I have a problem with it. Straight from this thread Amia said:

"unlike alot of other girls who gets "best newbie"... "best new starlet" awards and yet have been doing porn for 2, 3, years lol. this really is my first year"

She's basically saying anyone with 2+ years doesn't deserve best starlet (or she's mocking them). Is that fair to someone like Tanner Mayes? And as I said earlier, next year Amia will be in Tanner's boat. Does she want actresses with less than a year experience questioning her nomination then? If you don't sense the bitterness (be it slight) in her statement then I don't know what to say. Even rudy (who is a bigger fan than you or) says she may have bitter feelings, and I think that makes her look bad (in my opinion).

Again, it's the use of the word "REAL" and what it suggests about the other competitors. Newbie and Starlet can be used interchangeably IMO where one full year + of quality work qualifies you for it One scene from Brooke and a handful from Angelina shouldn't make them any less "real".



dude. please stop posting on my forum until you read what i wrote above.

Go To Top of page [Link]
melt
Pornstar Diplomat

The pride of Manchester
4893 Posts
1/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 06:03:36 PM

You guys can't let me lose this! DO
THE RIGHT THING! :) VOTE FOR KAGS!!!
I am your best newbie

By your powers of analysis putting DO THE RIGHT THING in capitals would probably mean
that voting for anyone else would be

May the best girl win THE GODFATHER has spoken.

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 06:46:18 PM


melt wrote:


You guys can't let me lose this! DO
THE RIGHT THING! :) VOTE FOR KAGS!!!
I am your best newbie

By your powers of analysis putting DO THE RIGHT THING in capitals would probably mean
that voting for anyone else would be

May the best girl win THE GODFATHER has spoken.


"Do the Right Thing" is a well known expression and I thought it was cute to say ;) The capitals I referenced earlier were for individual words and were used for emphasis. The "REAL" is what bothered me most. Amia admitted she did have a problem with someone but given she didn't specifically say with who it was addressed to it allowed me to think it was in reference to her competition.

Amia I read everything you said - my only advice would be to be careful with making general negative statements because someone can come along and construe them to mean something contrary to your intention. I would imagine this isn't the first time you've been misunderstood and had to clear something up for someone else. Sorry that I jumped to conclusions but in a way I did want to point out that you need to be careful with how you say things because people will not always ask you to specify what you meant.

Well I'm done debating this. You may think I'm an a-hole but I did say nice things about you and want to see you do well. I was just getting negative vibes from you aimed at other actresses which rubbed me the wrong way. Even if they're drug addicted alcoholic liars you don't need to expend your energy putting them down as you are above them.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:04:46 PM


gfunk wrote:


melt wrote:

You guys can't let me lose this! DO
THE RIGHT THING! :) VOTE FOR KAGS!!!
I am your best newbie

By your powers of analysis putting DO THE RIGHT THING in capitals would probably mean
that voting for anyone else would be

May the best girl win THE GODFATHER has spoken.


"Do the Right Thing" is a well known expression and I thought it was cute to say ;) The capitals I referenced earlier were for individual words and were used for emphasis. The "REAL" is what bothered me most. Amia admitted she did have a problem with someone but given she didn't specifically say with who it was addressed to it allowed me to think it was in reference to her competition.

Amia I read everything you said - my only advice would be to be careful with making general negative statements because someone can come along and construe them to mean something contrary to your intention. I would imagine this isn't the first time you've been misunderstood and had to clear something up for someone else. Sorry that I jumped to conclusions but in a way I did want to point out that you need to be careful with how you say things because people will not always ask you to specify what you meant.

Well I'm done debating this. You may think I'm an a-hole but I did say nice things about you and want to see you do well. I was just getting negative vibes from you aimed at other actresses which rubbed me the wrong way. Even if they're drug addicted alcoholic liars you don't need to expend your energy putting them down as you are above them.


"do the right thing" is a statement that says.. if you vote for someone other than me, than it's not the right thing. it's bad... I don't understand how you could think that by me saying "REAL" newbie is bad but "do the right thing" is not... idk.. anyways, i understand where your coming from and even though i disagree with some of the things you said, i do appreciate some of the advice. the person i was aiming my negatives vibes towards is someone that... even though theyr drug addicted alcholics and known for chaos and drama... i still never said anything bad about the person because i understand that since she acts that way, she must have had a bad growing up and theres always reasons behind why people act the way they do.. well, for the longest time i had alot of sympathy for the girl and would actually stand up for her when ppl would talk shit even though i had only met her once because i knew there was a deeper reason behind her craziness... well.. she went around posting rude untrue things about me and saying ridiculous things.. which i should have expected since shes always fucked up.. . and then i got messages from guys yelling at me for being mean to her when i wasnt... well, i personally called each individual and cleared up the story.. yes, i called random guys off my twitter that i dont know.. but from a restricted number lol... and long story short, after all that, i was upset. and tweeted some stuff aimed towards her.. .which you mistook for being towards the other girls lol.. i know i dont need to expend my energy towards putting drug addicted alcoholic liars down.... and i dont. because id be on their level.. but if someones going to message me talking shit based on something thats not true, you best believe i will stand up for myself and clear everything up.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:16:52 PM
and oh.. that comment you made about "pestering people every 15 minutes begging for votes.." well kagney is doing it now too so i guess you're insulting her now as well
Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:33:53 PM
lol - "do the right thing" was said with a smiley face and the overall vibe of kagney's tweets are positive. a few tweets before she said "2010 IS GOING TO BE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!! MUCH LOVE TO ALL of my fellow PORNSTAR CHICAS! Let's rock 2010!!! I LOVE MY FANS!!". as you can see she left me with no possible way of arguing that she was saying anything bad about her competition, haha. can you see how in a contest of 4 people i'm a fan of i'm going to want the person sending a positive message to win as opposed to someone who says even one negative thing?

you don't have to agree w/ everything i said and i'm sorry i had to be a jerk to make my point. i just respect all 4 people in your contest (particularly brooke) so i don't want to see any of them be disrespected. i come on ADT to talk about my favorite actresses and not to talk shit so i'm sorry if i made your blood pressure increase a little bit ;) i also hope melt didn't take offense as i like him too and i know he supports other actresses i'm a fan of. regardless of what happens in this contest all 4 of you have already done great things and are destined for even better things and that really is what is most important.

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:48:33 PM


Amia Miley wrote:
and oh.. that comment you made about "pestering people every 15 minutes begging for votes.." well kagney is doing it now too so i guess you're insulting her now as well

haha touché...i will say she'd have to tweet every 2 minutes till the contest ends to surpass what you've done the past few weeks. don't get me wrong, i understand why you do it but i wonder if it gets to be a bit too much for some fans

Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:56:05 PM
Not too much for me and I follow Amia, Kagney and Angelina.

Here is a bit more support for you Amia. :)

What a smile!

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 07:56:41 PM


gfunk wrote:


Amia Miley wrote:
and oh.. that comment you made about "pestering people every 15 minutes begging for votes.." well kagney is doing it now too so i guess you're insulting her now as well

haha touché...i will say she'd have to tweet every 2 minutes till the contest ends to surpass what you've done the past few weeks. don't get me wrong, i understand why you do it but i wonder if it gets to be a bit too much for some fans


yes for some ppl im sure its annoying lol... but alot of people follow alot of ppl so theyr twitter timelines goes by fast and the only way to get the ppl that follow a large group to read my stuff is to post it alot.. and hey, it works!

Edited by - amia miley on 1/1/2010 7:57:05 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 08:03:17 PM


liloleme wrote:
Not too much for me and I follow Amia, Kagney and Angelina.

Here is a bit more support for you Amia. :)

What a smile!


awwwwwww thats so awesome... i just posted it on my twitter.. i wasnt sure if you made it or not, so i put "whoever made this" lol.. but if you did or know who did, i'll definitely go give em a shout out on twitter

Go To Top of page [Link]
melt
Pornstar Diplomat

The pride of Manchester
4893 Posts
1/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 08:20:32 PM


gfunk wrote:
lol - "do the right thing" was said with a smiley face and the overall vibe of kagney's tweets are positive. a few tweets before she said "2010 IS GOING TO BE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!! MUCH LOVE TO ALL of my fellow PORNSTAR CHICAS! Let's rock 2010!!! I LOVE MY FANS!!". as you can see she left me with no possible way of arguing that she was saying anything bad about her competition, haha. can you see how in a contest of 4 people i'm a fan of i'm going to want the person sending a positive message to win as opposed to someone who says even one negative thing?

you don't have to agree w/ everything i said and i'm sorry i had to be a jerk to make my point. i just respect all 4 people in your contest (particularly brooke) so i don't want to see any of them be disrespected. i come on ADT to talk about my favorite actresses and not to talk shit so i'm sorry if i made your blood pressure increase a little bit ;) i also hope melt didn't take offense as i like him too and i know he supports other actresses i'm a fan of. regardless of what happens in this contest all 4 of you have already done great things and are destined for even better things and that really is what is most important.


I take absolutely no offense and understand that everyone is entitled to their point of view even if at times it is not the same as mine.

On a more serious issue I do think you hugely overstepped the line by insinuating that Amia was showing a lack of class. Maybe because I am a Brit this offended me more than most but if you are indeed a gentleman and a fan I think you owe this young lady an unconditional apology.

As I mentioned in my previous posts any one of the four babes would be a worthy winner. I am a huge fan of Brooke's (she is also a Brit by the way) and we have chatted at length about so many issues. I love her to bits.

I have to mention here that I have encouraged dozens of babes to register and come and interact with their fans here at ADT. Many have done so and some have politely told me that they would rather not. I respect their decisions and never badger them. In Kagney's case I did in fact mention on her thread that I would endeavour to persuade her to come and chat with us. I have tried via twitter not once but a few times to encourage her to at least come and have a look and have been met with a stoney silence ie no response at all. I was disappointed because I have become a fan of her work and my posts on her thread are proof enough of that. Some girls just dont trust someone with a name like meltthies I suppose.

I think enough has been said on this issue by me. I will continue to support Amia because she has great manners and does not take crap from anyone. My kind of girl.

Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 08:30:53 PM


Amia Miley wrote:


liloleme wrote:
Not too much for me and I follow Amia, Kagney and Angelina.

Here is a bit more support for you Amia. :)

What a smile!


awwwwwww thats so awesome... i just posted it on my twitter.. i wasnt sure if you made it or not, so i put "whoever made this" lol.. but if you did or know who did, i'll definitely go give em a shout out on twitter


That's me!

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 08:57:12 PM
I already apologized but I can apologize again...I'm sorry Amia :) The "lack of class" statement is when I thought she was talking negatively about the other competitors but she clarified her statement so I took back what I said. I did suggest that she not give into talking negatively about others in general terms in public forums and she seemed to agree (and revealed that others have jumped to similar conclusions). You have to realize if you put general thoughts out there, people can match it up with very particular details about someone else and come to the wrong conclusion (which is what I did).
Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 09:54:38 PM


liloleme wrote:


Amia Miley wrote:


liloleme wrote:
Not too much for me and I follow Amia, Kagney and Angelina.

Here is a bit more support for you Amia. :)

What a smile!


awwwwwww thats so awesome... i just posted it on my twitter.. i wasnt sure if you made it or not, so i put "whoever made this" lol.. but if you did or know who did, i'll definitely go give em a shout out on twitter


That's me!



whats your name? or do you want me to put lilolme
Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 09:56:18 PM
I responded on Twitter dear
Go To Top of page [Link]
suuperfrk
Member

41 Posts
1/07
Posted - Jan 1 2010 : 11:34:47 PM
I voted for you Amia. I am a huge fan and have followed threads on you and have seen everything I can find that you have done. You are a amazing little hottie, a real talent and have a long career in front of you if you want one.

I think you will win, but I would not get caught up with awards. The awards you want are dead presidents! Lots of them! So you can do what you want when you quit. And you deserve them!

Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 01:29:02 AM


liloleme wrote:
Welcome Amia Miley. I have watched and appreciated you since I first saw you on the exploited college girls site. Your personality is infectious and you are amazing cute and hot. I wish you the best! Never mind, I found you already! lol

Edited by - liloleme on 6/17/2009 12:28:53 AM



Over half a year later and she just gets better and better!

Go To Top of page [Link]
rudyjay
Member

83 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 01:31:08 AM


gfunk wrote:


rudyjay wrote:
^^Amia did not start out slowly in her first year. In December, her first full month, she made about 20 videos and she continued on this pace for the full year. On a trip to Miami in March she shot 4 videos in three days including taking on Ramon and Preston back to back. At that point in her career she struggled handling those big cocks but like a trooper smiled and did the best she could. I doubt that there are many girls who worked harder than she did this past year.

As far as "higher quality DVD work" you can take a look at her shoot for This Girl Sucks. Many of the girls up for AVN awards this year also shot for This Girl Sucks. Compare their videos with the one done by Amia, as I have, and then tell me with a straight face that Amia does not deserve to be at least considered for an AVN award now. The photography, the make up, the performance and the technique of the blow job were of the highest quality. I am sure that not being at least considered for an AVN award hurts and maybe leaves her with some bitterness.


Rudy, I realize she worked her ass off and I give her credit but you have to realize that for AVN noms they're going to be primarily looking for DVDs made with the upper echelon studios (Elegant Angel, Jules Jordan, etc). Doing 20 scenes with internet companies is not going to get you there (although it did serve its purpose in getting her experience and recognition). A good gauge for this is by looking at an actress' IAFD profile. Amia has 20 DVDs listed but most of them are compilations or teen movies. That's not gonna get you a nomination. Compare this to KLK. SIXTY DVD titles. Numerous titles with Elegant Angel and she even was chosen as an EA Performer of the Year. AVN had to give her the nomination. This isn't to say Amia won't get the nod next year as titles with Jenna Haze, etc. are starting to come out. I fully expect her to get a nom for 2011 Starlet of the Year with two years of experience.

And Melt, this is what makes me want to warn Amia when it comes to complaining about actresses being given Starlet Nominations with 2 years experience. Be classy and don't complain because guess what - her time will come! Would Amia appreciate her potential Starlet of the Year nomination be questioned because she has two years expereince? I would think not, so she should watch it with the bitterness now (which I call a lack of class).

As I've argued, the actresses who started out "in the minors" in 2009 will get their reconition in the 2011 AVNs. Actresses like Brooke Lee Adams, Gracie Glam, Isis Taylor, etc. will all get their moment to shine. You need to be patient and let those who came before you get their recongnition.


Here are the nominees for Best New Starlet @ AVN 2010 Asa Akira, Britney Amber, Angelina Armani, Kiara Diane, Kagney Linn Karter, London Keyes, Tanner Mayes, Nicole Ray, Emy Reyes, Natalia Rossi, Aryana Starr, Riley Steele, Janie Summers, Brynn Tyler, and Sadie West.

Many of the girls on this list have an IAFD profile no different than Amia. If they deserve to be nominated then it is a travesty that Amia was not nominated. So your argument holds no water. I feel bitter about this. And speaking of bitter I would appreciate it greatly if you did not use things that I have said to support your own personal opinions.

Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 02:25:56 AM
Still posting and voting for you, still looking for that shout out tweet and hopefully a follow req too! :D
Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 04:58:52 AM
Rudy I'm done with this topic. All I'd say is you need to accept the "lag" which Amia recognized as well. 1 year of work isn't going to get you an AVN nom unless you put out a remarkable amount of work (which Kagney did). Everyone else has 1.5-2+ years experience. It's just the way it is. If Amia keeps doing what she's doing she'll get her moment to shine, you just need to be patient.
Go To Top of page [Link]
rudyjay
Member

83 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 02:09:38 PM


gfunk wrote:
Rudy I'm done with this topic. All I'd say is you need to accept the "lag" which Amia recognized as well. 1 year of work isn't going to get you an AVN nom unless you put out a remarkable amount of work (which Kagney did). Everyone else has 1.5-2+ years experience. It's just the way it is. If Amia keeps doing what she's doing she'll get her moment to shine, you just need to be patient.

Your arguments still hold no water. Amia did put out a "remarkable amount of work"..so why "accept the lag" when it does not apply to everyone?

Go To Top of page [Link]
killbillvol69
Moderator

^Lucy Pinder
13960 Posts
4/08
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 03:33:43 PM
Really? You guys are still going with this?

Let me break it down for you.

The AVN awards are insane. No one can make any sense of who gets nominated, and what year. Every single year people have these same debates, and every single year no one comes to agreement, because it's all crazy. Perhaps the best example is when Kylie Ireland and Jenna Jameson (it goes without saying that both are legends in the biz) were nominated for Best New Starlet in successive years, despite the fact that they had their starts in porn in the very same movie. Do you honestly think Jenna, the biggest adult star of all time, didn't have a sufficient impact in her first year in the biz to be nominated? Or that she had less impact than Kylie? Hardly. Any arguments for or against any given performer's inclusion in or exclusion from the Best New Starlet category are just so much hot air, because none of it makes sense anyway.

So, gentlemen, please drop it.

Thank you.

Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 04:37:16 PM
killbill i drafted a response before your post. im not going to debate it but i did want to show rudy that the majority do have the qualifications i mentioned (the titles combined with the service). below is the data, with DVD titles per gamelink and IAFD, as well as years of service

Asa Akira - 56 titles (49 at IAFD) - active 1.75 yes
Britney Amber - 38 titles (29 at IAFD) - active 1.75 yrs
Angelina Armani - 21 titles (21 at IAFD) - active 1.5 yrs
Kiara Diane - 19 titles (24 at IAFD) - active 1+ yrs
Kagney Linn Karter - 85 titles (60 at IAFD) - active 1+ yrs
London Keyes - 45 titles (66 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs
Tanner Mayes - 50 titles (43 at IAFD) - active 1.5 yrs
Nicole Ray - 71 titles (55 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs
Emy Reyes - 35 titles (36 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs
Natalia Rossi - 26 titles (24 at IAFD) - active 1+ yrs
Aryana Star - 50 titles (32 at IAFD) - active 1.75 yrs
Riley Steele - 13 titles (11 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs
Janie Summers - 35 titles (26 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs
Brynn Tyler - 64 titles (49 at IAFD) - active 2 yrs
Sadie West - 61 titles (43 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs

Now for the sake of discussion let's say that anyone with 1.25+ years of service and 35+ titles have clearly earned their spot. that leaves us with...

Angelina Armani - 21 titles (21 at IAFD) - active 1.5 yrs
Kiara Diane - 19 titles (24 at IAFD) - active 1+ yrs
Natalia Rossi - 26 titles (24 at IAFD) - active 1+ yrs
Riley Steele - 13 titles (11 at IAFD) - active 1.25 yrs

Rudy, I take it these are four you may have issue with? If I'm representing these girls and have to defend them I say:

AA - Most senior of the 4 with 1.5 yrs of work. She was a Digital Playground contract girl. Had a number of titles with her name on it. Boxcover for EA Starlets. Done numerous PR events and stuff outside the industry (red carpet work, etc.).
KD - While she doesn't have the quantity of titles she has carefully chosen her work. Has worked numerous times with Adam & Eve (and just shot with Teagan/Bree in their film) as well as shoots with Vivid, Wicked, Digital Sin, Evil Angel, Penthouse, Hustler, and Jules Jordan.
NR - Had a lot of momentum in early 2009. While work was limited still got around 10 boxcovers (I don't think Amia got as many). If I get the boxcover I'm selling the movie.
RS - Digital Playground contract girl. Starred in blockbuster Pirates II. Numerous titles with her name on it.

As Killbill said a lot of this doesn't make perfect sense (many award nominees don't) but hopefully I showed that many of the nominees clearly do deserve their nominations so you can't be bitter. There are some unique cases such as the four I mentioned and as you can see other factors can help get you in (being a contract girl, working with the bigger studios, getting boxcovers, etc).

But yeah, I don't want to argue this anymore as it isn't fair to the nominees and if you think Amia got screwed then I can make the case that someone like a Gracie Glam did as well (39 DVDs per Gamelink and 25 per IAFD) with a lot of internet work as well. I fully expect Gracie and Amia to get their recognition at the 2011 AVNs.

Go To Top of page [Link]
lucasjfox
Member

6 Posts
8/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 09:41:12 PM
Although the debate over the AVN nominations is very interesting I think this forum would be a lot more fun if we just talked about how adorable Amia is.
Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 09:45:22 PM
+1
Go To Top of page [Link]
gfunk
Member

222 Posts
10/09
Posted - Jan 2 2010 : 10:53:34 PM
dont worry guys i'm done, just had to answer rudy. the conclusion of it all is that amia is well on her way to being a 2011 nominee and if for some reason that doesn't happen rudy (and I) have every right to be pissed.
Go To Top of page [Link]
sponsch
Member

51 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 3 2010 : 04:46:49 AM
Damn Amia start doing anal please.
Thats what gets you newecomer #1 for sure ;)
Go To Top of page [Link]
julien1982
Senior Member

Mean and Rude
1140 Posts
7/05
Posted - Jan 3 2010 : 10:04:53 AM


liloleme wrote:
Not too much for me and I follow Amia, Kagney and Angelina.

Here is a bit more support for you Amia. :)

What a smile!



Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 3 2010 : 06:33:49 PM


liloleme wrote:
+1

hey if you could, on the sweet picture you made me, can you change the RogReview link to http://voteamiamiley.com instead? it ends up redirecting to RR anyways but its easier for ppl to remember

Go To Top of page [Link]
Amia Miley
Member

90 Posts
6/09
Posted - Jan 3 2010 : 06:39:47 PM
hey guys.
there's only 2 more days left to the RogReviews poll
so please, vote your hearts out for me!!

"best newbie"
voteamiamiley.com

thank you all. you guys make me smile so much

Go To Top of page [Link]
jazzman
Member

21 Posts
12/06
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 12:29:19 AM


Amia Miley wrote:
hey guys.
there's only 2 more days left to the RogReviews poll
so please, vote your hearts out for me!!

"best newbie"
voteamiamiley.com

thank you all. you guys make me smile so much


Sadly, I have but one heart (and more importantly, one vote) I can give to you, dear Amia! I wish I could do more for you! It's that infectious smile of yours that picks me up if I'm having a down day.

And maybe this is just another sign of my technological ineptitude, but do I need to do anything other than send a request to be able to follow you on twitter? It makes me feel ancient that I have to ask, but then I can still remember rotary dial phones. I did manage to figure out to add www. in front of voteamiamiley.com, so at least I'm not that out of it.

Go To Top of page [Link]
ChodeMasterJ
Perpetual Marxist

14286 Posts
4/03
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 02:24:27 AM
^ yeah, you just click on 'follow' on her profile on Twitter and you're following her! :)
Go To Top of page [Link]
GrandGuy
New Member

5 Posts
3/09
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 11:18:21 AM
Didn't expect to see a firestorm here. Glad to see it's resolved.

Unfortunately, when we type others can't see all of the inflection in our words to put them in context. Seems as if both parties overreacted a little bit, but all seems well now. The original criticism did seem harsher than warranted, or at least how I interpreted Amia's words when she wrote them. Then her reaction seemed a bit harsh, but I can understand that because she eook offense and was defensive.

Anyway, I've just voted for Amia in the polls and would expect to vote for her in the future any time she's up for an award.

By the way, Amia is great about answering myspace messages and Emails. That's such a pleasure that we might not have once she becomes REALLY famous. (which is not to say she isn't famous now) Thanks, Amia

Go To Top of page [Link]
ipop
Senior Member

1099 Posts
1/06
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 01:17:14 PM
Wooo hooo - Amia is still ahead. 795 to 703!

Amia is carrying red states and blue states!!!

Voting results - graphics

Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 01:48:10 PM


Amia Miley wrote:


liloleme wrote:
+1

hey if you could, on the sweet picture you made me, can you change the RogReview link to http://voteamiamiley.com instead? it ends up redirecting to RR anyways but its easier for ppl to remember


Done dear

Go To Top of page [Link]
fu_q
Senior Member

MarvMontag.blogspot.com & @fu_qreviews (twitter)
5411 Posts
2/09
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 03:05:52 PM
Amia has an excellent scene in "Make Me Cum" for Vivid -- you should see her dance moves in the pre-sex tease sequence.

Cool stuff

review

Scene 2a.JPG

Go To Top of page [Link]
HeyNow
Oblivious Moderator

Clits, man.
22129 Posts
1/03
Posted - Jan 4 2010 : 09:16:04 PM
^ I agree! Great scene.
Go To Top of page [Link]
ChodeMasterJ
Perpetual Marxist

14286 Posts
4/03
Posted - Jan 5 2010 : 01:17:59 AM
Oooooh. I like that picture.
Go To Top of page [Link]
liloleme
Senior Member

1681 Posts
10/06
Posted - Jan 6 2010 : 03:34:13 PM
AND THE WINNER IS... Amia Miley, Rog Reviews Best Newbie for 2009

AMIABG.jpg

Go To Top of page [Link]
Page 11 of 23 First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last

All Forums -> Star Crossed
Previous topic: AVN's Top 50 Porn Stars of all Time

Next topic: Please help me ID this porn star

Jump To: