Reviewers Recommend
Legendary PlayersLegendary Players - review by Captain Jack
Director: Sean Michaels
Starring: Sean Michaels, Julia Ann, Shayla LaVeaux, Nina Hartley, Teri Weigel. Read review

AVN Article About U.S. Syphilis Rumors (page 8)

AuthorTopic
illmatic
Member

312 Posts
9/06
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 07:47:48 PM


Pontus Maximus wrote:

(Here's a copy/paste of the entire interview. All bolded parts are bolded in the actual article.)

Mr. Marcus on Why He Kept Quiet About Syphilis That Sparked Porn-Industry Scare


Link

From the Daily Beast article, it seems that Marcus is now changing his story. I thought he initially was saying that one of the testing services helped him alter his test. Now he's saying he photocopied the original in a manner to hide his syphilis test results. Seems like this dude is just digging himself into a deeper hole and deserving of the majority of flak he's getting over this.

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 08:41:01 PM
It seem that other black performers in porn are supporting Mr Marcus, well they are out of work too so they should blame him. I don't get it, why do black people have to support a there own when they get in trouble. like I said any performer support him should be blacklist too. It's look like a black vs white thing because most of the whites in porn are against him and the blacks are supporting him. This is not Rodney King, that was 20 years ago.


Edited by - Infamous on 8/27/2012 8:48:54 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 08:45:14 PM
I hear that they are looking at scenes what he did when he had the syphilis.

Edited by - Infamous on 8/27/2012 8:46:36 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
pat362
Senior Member

4376 Posts
3/10
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 09:30:07 PM
For anyone still defending Mr Marcus then here are some pics from a shoot he did for BangBros in June. I leave it to you to decide if he didn't know that he was onfected or not.

http://www.data18.com/viewer/1102015/05

Go To Top of page [Link]
rhodium
Member

A cracked polystyrene man
148 Posts
6/11
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 10:32:46 PM


InFamous wrote:
... I don't get it, why do black people have to support a there own when they get in trouble.

Thanks for keeping the tally of who's on what side and what color they are. Pretty important stuff.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would say that black american life is complicated and people that haven't lived it wouldn't understand it. Since you like doing science, though, here's an equally pointless study with no constructive outcome.

Go To Top of page [Link]
urthoughts
Senior Member

Just Throw Your Thoughts Sign In The Air
2886 Posts
7/12
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 10:43:59 PM
hispanics defend hispanics, jews defend jews, woman defend woman, homosexuals defend homosexuals.. probably comments like (why do black people have to support a "their own") makes them feel like us against them lol

Edited by - urthoughts on 8/27/2012 10:48:45 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Kezza
Member

Female porn lover
348 Posts
6/12
Posted - Aug 27 2012 : 11:20:29 PM


pat362 wrote:
For anyone still defending Mr Marcus then here are some pics from a shoot he did for BangBros in June. I leave it to you to decide if he didn't know that he was onfected or not.

http://www.data18.com/viewer/1102015/05


Doesn't look good does it.

Check this site out and compare the two http://www.avert.org/std-pictures.htm

Also read this http://www.lukeisback.com/2012/08/mariah-milano-speaks-out-on-escorting-stds/

I think it gives us a clue as to why Europe and the US have a syphilis outbreak in the porn industry and backs up Rocco's claims of girls escorting too much and taking the risks.


Edited by - Kezza on 8/27/2012 11:42:56 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
mharris127
Senior Member

3350 Posts
8/09
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 12:34:57 AM
I saw the picture of Marcus's dick that was linked. That guy needs his dick cut off of him for working in that condition! Certainly the girl should have noticed that when she was preparing to blow him! I know that it is harder to see skin lesions on a black penis but I can see that almost clear as day.
Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 03:41:40 AM
^
the pic is gone as are all the clips with him ,what scene was it and with who?


anyway there are a few male performers showing what appear to be genital warts , but could just be some kind of irritation , if a girl isn't wet and lubed enough this could happen, it is strange they endure for months though, but not that strange if you keep stimulating an irritation it'll never heal.


Fact is that if he had a secondary syphilis he has been infected at least since April, also secondary syphilis is the most infective stage of an already highly infective disease , the odds that he never infected anybody having it since April are what? Having 20 Royal Flush in a row playing poker?
Also if Syphilis is running for so long in the industry the number of the infected is not believable , it is too low just 9 , c'mon it is impossible they are just 9

All those black guys defending him should get serious tests because Mr Marcus in that period did at least three orgy scenes all with other major black talents and some major female talents , he also performed at least two creampies one of them anal , all of these should get serious tests.

These female talents also worked with other major talents not involved in the orgy scenes some performed gang bangs


It is impossible they are just 9

Go To Top of page [Link]
ChuckTheFreak
Member

662 Posts
8/10
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 05:12:25 AM
I looked at those pictures before coming to work, and damn, you'd have to be blind not to notice something seriously funky on his shaft and his balls. Forget Marcus, what about the girl who was obviously the closest to his clearly infected dick and balls.....she sucked him off and got fucked.

And what about the asshole director at bangbros and the cameraman who also must've seen it. They should also be held responsible for not sending Marcus home. The girl put herself in that position, possibly infecting her mouth andd vagina, but the fact that production of the scene went ahead and was even posted, shows u that syphillis isnt actually that big of a deal in porno circles, as we civilians think.

I totally agree with the poster above that the number 9 is far too low and there might be a cover up going on to hide others who have it.....and havent gone on the radar yet . Its cuz of the media and politics pressure that we re seeing these measures taken.

Marcus knew he had somethin funky, way before he got tested, its been proven now so no one can defend him. I still don't get why its mandatory for all girls to take penicilin shots whether they re infected or not, if they still want to work....they ve literally been told that.

Edited by - chuckthefreak on 8/28/2012 5:13:21 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Corran7
Member

317 Posts
1/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 05:45:55 AM
The girl in the pic was Lylith Lavey and I hope like hell she didn't get infected from that prick (literally and figuratively).

Edit: She's saying on her twitter she's tested twice since than and is clean. Happy and releived for her.

Edited by - Corran7 on 8/28/2012 5:49:04 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 05:55:47 AM
Pics are gone and maybe the scene at Bangbros too , there's no scene of him after May at least at Monster of Cock
They really are hiding everything seriously

Confirmed removal there are no scenes with Mr Marcus and the star above

Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/28/2012 6:00:54 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Kezza
Member

Female porn lover
348 Posts
6/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 06:24:35 AM
I reckon they are covering it up because it's damaging. I also suspect there maybe other cases in the US but they are trying to hide it or still don't know the true number of cases there.

I really don't think we can blame both outbreaks on the one person, because Mr Marcus would of had to of got it from someone else. Someone was saying there is an outbreak recently in Brazil and I know there was a report in Australia recently of a syphilis outbreak too. Not sure if Brazil and Australia reported outbreaks have anything to do with the porn industry or escorting. I still think there is more than one source of this outbreak in the porn industry in Europe and the US, its just that Mr Marcus got caught out doing something stupid, and still acting stupid.

Edited by - Kezza on 8/28/2012 6:31:40 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 06:38:46 AM


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:
^
the pic is gone as are all the clips with him ,what scene was it and with who?

anyway there are a few male performers showing what appear to be genital warts , but could just be some kind of irritation , if a girl isn't wet and lubed enough this could happen, it is strange they endure for months though, but not that strange if you keep stimulating an irritation it'll never heal.

Fact is that if he had a secondary syphilis he has been infected at least since April, also secondary syphilis is the most infective stage of an already highly infective disease , the odds that he never infected anybody having it since April are what? Having 20 Royal Flush in a row playing poker?
Also if Syphilis is running for so long in the industry the number of the infected is not believable , it is too low just 9 , c'mon it is impossible they are just 9

All those black guys defending him should get serious tests because Mr Marcus in that period did at least three orgy scenes all with other major black talents and some major female talents , he also performed at least two creampies one of them anal , all of these should get serious tests.

These female talents also worked with other major talents not involved in the orgy scenes some performed gang bangs

It is impossible they are just 9



Once again LCF you jump to conclusion, I check out the orgy movie he was in from the Jules Jordan website. The director he shot it for was Alexander DeVoe, the movie was release in July. I look up DeVoe name on Twitter, and the movie he shot the orgy was in May. Pornlaw said Mr Marcus must had it around June. BTW LCF you need to do some research, and stop speculate what you hear. Like I said you jump to conclusion.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Pontus Maximus
Senior Member

Man of Steel, meet your match.
2701 Posts
9/02
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 07:59:09 AM


pat362 wrote:
For anyone still defending Mr Marcus then here are some pics from a shoot he did for BangBros in June. I leave it to you to decide if he didn't know that he was onfected or not.

http://www.data18.com/viewer/1102015/05


(Emphasis added)

As far as I'm aware, the only person who has defended Mr. Marcus is Bill Margold.

Off the top of my head, I can't recall anyone (apart from Margold) who has expressed the opinion that Mr. Marcus should be allowed to resume his porn career. Additionally, I don't recall anyone (apart from Margold) who hasn't unequivocably condemned Mr. Marcus for altering his STI test result.

I think what you perceive as 'defending' Mr. Marcus is when people don't jump to conclusions about this situation in advance of evidence to support said conclusions. You've shown a tendancy to do just that and when people don't go along with you, you misconstrue that as people defending Mr. Marcus (simply because of your burning desire to see his head on a stick).

Let's examine the facts that have emerged as of the time of this post:

1.) So far, before he tested positive for syphilis, I'm not aware of a single case of syphilis transmission from Mr. Marcus to anyone else (not even his scene on June 27th with Lylith Lavey, the woman with him in the Bang Bros shoot). In fact, Corran7 just posted: "She's saying on her twitter she's tested twice since than and is clean."

2.) Some people are making a big deal about the rash on Mr. Marcus's genitals and thinking that he should have known that something was wrong. Being an 18-year porn veteran, I'm sure that he had developed genital rashes from time to time that probably went away after awhile on their own accord. Even Laurie Cameron Fan mentioned regarding other types of genital skin conditions "anyway there are a few male performers showing what appear to be genital warts, but could just be some kind of irritation, if a girl isn't wet and lubed enough this could happen, it is strange they endure for months though, but not that strange if you keep stimulating an irritation it'll never heal." In this most recent instance of having a genital rash, Mr. Marcus did what many people do and procrastinated before going to see a doctor. When the rash persisted long enough and he also started "not feeling well" (as he reported in his AVN/XBiz interview), he finally decided to see his doctor. In his Daily Beast interview, Mr. Marcus was asked: "What were the symptoms that sent you to the doctor in the first place?" He answered: "What I noticed is that I was getting a rash, which turned out to be stage two." The rash was seen in pics of his June 27 Bang Bros shoot with Lylith Lavey (which Laurie Cameron Fan stated were taken down). Mr. Marcus said in his AVN/XBiz interview that he saw his doctor on July 11 (and got treated on July 13).

3.) So far, I'm not aware of a single case of syphilis transmission from Mr. Marcus to anyone that he's worked with after he tested positive for syphilis. The three women he worked with have (so far) all retested negative.

4.) After Mr. Marcus learned that he had syphilis, (according to him) he immediately cancelled his shoots to coincide with the 10-day treatment period called for by his doctor (he did this even though he indicated that he desperately needed the money from the shoots because an earlier contract deal had fallen through). Why would he bother to cancel those shoots (including that one on July 23) if he didn't care about the health of other porn performers as some people have claimed or implied?

5.) Mr. Marcus was caught faking his STI test result in a futile effort to conceal the fact that he had contracted syphilis. Since he had received treatment and there's no evidence that he was contagious at this point, his motive was simply to avoid having to explain his reactive for syphilis status (due to it still being in his system but rendered harmless by the penicillin). Subsequent to faking his test, (as of the time of this post) not a single case of syphilis transmission from Mr. Marcus to anyone else has been proven (the three women he worked with have all retested negative for syphilis). Therefore (as has been asserted or implied by some people), exactly how did Mr. Marcus's faked test lead to the syphilis outbreak in the USA and in Europe? While were're at it, did Mr. Marcus's faked test also lead to the syphilis outbreaks in Brazil and Australia that Kezza just mentioned? Hell, let's blame Mr. Marcus for Internet piracy, the slumping sales of the porn business, the negative influence of the escorting business, the anemic global economy, typhoid fever, bubonic plague, the rise of super bacteria, starving children in Ethiopia, hurricanes, droughts, and the U.S. stock market crash of 1929.

6.) IF (despite a lack of tangible evidence) Mr. Marcus is patient zero for both the USA and Europe and infected with syphilis one or more porn performers from Europe back in March or April, then why should he be vilified for something that happened three or four months before he even tested positive for syphilis (and even longer before he faked that test)? And exactly how do you know that back in March or April, Mr. Marcus wasn't infected by a porn performer from Europe? With so many women escorting over there, one (or more) could have contracted syphilis two or three days after her most recent test and two or three weeks before visiting the USA. Which is more likely, that Mr. Marcus who doesn't escort is patient zero or that a European pornstar who does escort is patient zero? What makes you so sure that Mr. Marcus is patient zero? Even if he is, why vilify him (or anyone else) for it?

7.) Some people going on about the USA syphilis outbreak count being 'too low' and insisting that it's really much higher (or should be much higher) are engaging in baseless conspiracy theories (rather by insinuation or an overt claim). Prove that there's a conspiracy to keep the number of syphilis positives in the USA artificially low. Prove that Mr. Marcus, Lylith Lavey (his Bang Bros partner), the three women who retested negative after Mr. Marcus's penicillin treatment, FSC Executive Director Diane Duke, FSC board member and Evil Angel General Manager Christian Mann, the people at the testing facilities, etc., are all a part of a vast conspiracy to keep the USA syphilis outbreak count artificially low. Prove it! Before anyone attempts to come back with the excuse that the pre-emptive, mandatory penicillin shots that they all have to get is masking the 'huge number' of people that Mr. Marcus infected, then prove it! This is yet another baseless conspiracy theory. How would that explain Lylith Lavey (Bang Bros) not contracting syphilis from Mr. Marcus on June 27 long before she received a pre-emptive penicillin shot? Don't present your half-baked crackpot theories, lame excuses, feeble suppositions, delusional rationalizations, etc. Get a clue first.

8.) Mike South ([scarcasm]fair and balanced news reporter of the highest order[/sarcasm]) asserted that "Mister Marcus Exposes Some BIG Holes in His Story" in his interview with The Daily Beast. I had to pull out my magnifying glass in an attempt to find those 'big holes'--and still couldn't find them:



(Source: Mike South)

Mister Marcus revealed that when his doctor found Syphilis it was in stage two. Stage Two or secondary Syphilis is a very different treatment from stage 1 or primary Syphilis, It is a regimen of 1 shot a week for three weeks and a follow up test to make sure that they cured it. so his statement that his doctor gave him a shot and told him he would be OK to work in ten days is more bullshit.


If Mr. Marcus's claims are true here (and Mike South's medical claims accurate), then that wouldn't make the statement bullshit, it would make his doctor's medical advice suspect (which would be the fault of the doctor, not Mr. Marcus). Yet, how could his doctor's medical advice even be deemed suspect if, after the one penicillin shot and 10-day wait and no follow-up, all of the women Marcus worked with after the treatment have so far (as of the time of this post at least) retested negative for syphilis?



(Source: Mike South)

He also seems to indicate that he was first diagnosed in June, regardless if its June or July It takes syphilis 1 to 3 months to progress to stage two, so it means he was infected and positive in May, probably in April and possibly in March as well.


Mike South seems confused. Let's examine what Mr. Marcus actually said:



(Source: AVN Interview)

According to Mr. Marcus' timeline, he saw his personal physician July 11 after not feeling well. The next day, July 12, the physician told Mr. Marcus that he tested positive for syphilis. On the subsequent day, July 13, he went and got a penicillin shot and was told to abstain from sexual activity for 7-10 days, which he reports he did and even cancelled shoots within that timeframe.




(Source: The Daily Beast)

A: I started unraveling around mid-June. There was a contract I had with a company for a male enhancement product, and they were going to pay me monthly, but they decided to pull the contract. I was like “Ah!” I was going into July, and then I got this positive on the syphilis test.


(emphasis added)

Common sense dictates that Mr. Marcus tested positive for syphilis in July since he canceled a shoot on July 23 to make sure that he cleared the 10-day wait period (but he ended up waiting an extra day for a total of 11 days). He stated in his AVN/XBiz interview that his first scene after the wait period was on July 24.



(Source: Mike South)

If he told the FSC that he was in the secondary stages they and APHSS have perpetrated a GIANT fraud you should all know that secondary Syphilis is HIGHLY contagious, it affects not just the genitals but all of your lymph nodes and mucus membranes and can be passed simply by kissing.


Yet by South's own admission "Lilith LaVey says on her twitter that she tested negative on Aug 23" even though she did her scene with Mr. Marcus on June 27 (two months prior) when he was in Stage 2 (secondary) syphilis. And as I stated before, Corran7 just posted in this thread: "She's saying on her twitter she's tested twice since than and is clean." Tested twice and is clean despite Mr. Marcus's 'scary' genital rashes and "HIGHLY contagious" secondary syphilis status! Are there big holes in Mr. Marcus's story or are there big holes in Mike South's analysis and reporting?

Most people following the syphilis outbreak story are simply wanting accurate information and good analysis in order to make up their own minds about what they believe. However, I'm finding that helping people to keep the facts straight in this thread is becoming a full-time job. Too many people are dumping misinformation in this thread, using fuzzy logic, advancing agendas, jumping to conclusions, and rushing to judgment.

Defending Mr. Marcus?

No, just trying to keep the facts straight.

Let's follow the evidence wherever it leads rather than jumping to a conclusion and rejecting all evidence that doesn't conform with that foregone conclusion.


Edited by - Pontus Maximus on 8/28/2012 8:15:09 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
pat362
Senior Member

4376 Posts
3/10
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 08:11:35 AM
^I don't know but I would say that being a veteran then he should have known that a rash on his genitals is probably not a good thing. If he did go see his doctor in July then it was for stage 2 syphilis since this is what he said in the interview: "What I noticed is that I was getting a rash, which turned out to be stage two. So stage one came and went, and I was only recognizing stage two." Who knows how long he was stage 1 before
he finally became stage 2 and went to see his doctor?

Edited by - pat362 on 8/28/2012 8:11:56 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
pornlaw
Member

890 Posts
10/05
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 08:20:45 AM
So now that everyone is going to start producing again and FSC/APHSS/Manwin is directing the return to work I started thinking about how APHSS will handle the issue of a performer with positive syphilis test but is cured and cleared to return to work...

Is There a Hole in APHSS ???

Go To Top of page [Link]
Pontus Maximus
Senior Member

Man of Steel, meet your match.
2701 Posts
9/02
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 08:21:30 AM


pat362 wrote:
^I don't know but I would say that being a veteran then he should have known that a rash on his genitals is probably not a good thing.

Obviously he knew it wasn't a good thing, but also obviously he procrastinated before he did something about it. On this particular issue you can fault him for procrastinating but that's about it (nor can you assign any malicious intent to his procrastination).

Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 08:53:01 AM


InFamous wrote:

Once again LCF you jump to conclusion, I check out the orgy movie he was in from the Jules Jordan website. The director he shot it for was Alexander DeVoe, the movie was release in July. I look up DeVoe name on Twitter, and the movie he shot the orgy was in May. Pornlaw said Mr Marcus must had it around June. BTW LCF you need to do some research, and stop speculate what you hear. Like I said you jump to conclusion.


No man you are dismissing FACTS , Mr Marcus himself said that he was diagnosed Syphilis at SECOND STAGE when he tested positive in July 11 , do your researches , man secondary syphilis occur approximately 4 to 6 week after primary syphilis , which lasts 3 to 6 weeks and develop after an average of 3 weeks of incubation , that means that he couldn't have gotten it in midjune as was guessed , we all thought (including me not just Pornlaw) he went to the doctor as soon as the first symptoms occurred so we all guessed he got it 3 weeks before (mid june), but he said he had not any, the whole primary syphilis arrived and was gone giving no signs of its presence.

But if he had Secandary Syphilis ( and this has been said by Mr Marcus himself so it is not a guess nor speculation) then he contracted it no less than two months earlier so not mid june , it'll be AT LEAST mid-APRIL

no jumping to anything man just FACTS , all those exposed to him since April should get SERIOUS tests

Orgy Masters has been released early in June , I don't know when it was filmed though , maybe a month before , in early May , but if he had Secondary Syphilis at the beginning of July (as he himself said) then he was already infected although with no signs

also it is a fact that someone here linked a pic with Mr Marcus' dick and balls full of warts from a scene he shot in early June for Bangbros' series Monster of Cock , both the pic and the flick have been removed from the site , there's no flick of him after May.

this removal is also a fact

I'm not jumping to nothing , these are facts

Also I'm not blaming him and have no agenda I just WANT THE TRUTH
An article from the United States National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (is that reliable enough?) here

excerpts

for Primary Syphilis:


Follow-up blood tests must be done at 3, 6, 12, and 24 months to ensure that the infection is gone. Avoid sexual contact when the chancre is present, and use condoms until two follow-up tests have indicated that the infection has been cured.

For Secondary Syphilis:


Secondary syphilis can be cured if it is diagnosed early and treated effectively. Although it usually goes away within weeks, in some cases it may last for up to 1 year. Without treatment, up to one-third of patients will have late complications of syphilis.

Do you guys feel like all of this is handled correctly?

I'm not even discussing Mr Marcus , my point is that there's too much hidden , there's people out there who is eager to shoot no matter what, giving shit to the health and safety of performers and talents

THAT is my main concern , Mr Marcus is just part of all of this and surely cannot be blamed for being infected an contagious not knowing it and there's no evidence he knew , even his warts could have been underestimated , something was wrong, but he's not a doctor , might have been too reckless , maybe even stupid , but so was for the whole crew in there , maybe they valued the money they spent for setting up a shoot more than the performer's lives including that of Mr Marcus , if they were true friends would have said: Hey man something is wrong here , don't worry about the shoot go find a doctor we will resume this shoot another time.

Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/28/2012 9:47:57 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Kezza
Member

Female porn lover
348 Posts
6/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 09:55:49 AM
Pontus,

I think there are more questions than answers with this issue, because of too many conflicting reports on it. I personally believe the outbreaks in Europe and the US have been caused by several factors and issues that the porn industry is facing and perhaps needs to address.

Check out luke is back website and read the piece from Mariah Milano it gives a great insight into what she sees happing in the porn industry.

Go To Top of page [Link]
pat362
Senior Member

4376 Posts
3/10
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 01:13:13 PM


Obviously he knew it wasn't a good thing, but also obviously he procrastinated before he did something about it. On this particular issue you can fault him for procrastinating but that's about it (nor can you assign any malicious intent to his procrastination).

I suffer from procrastination so I can undertsand your point but we aren't talking about someone who waited until the last day to do something and is now rushing to do it. The pictures clearly show that he had lesions on his penis and by his own admission it was a rash that bothered him enough to seek medical help. Mr Marcus is a man and like most of us he doesn't like to go see a doctor but this isn't like it was something that was only dangerous to his health.

I agree that we couldn't assign any malicious intent on his part if it wasn't for the test he faked. Faking his test is the smoking gun in this little mistery that makes his action malicious.

Go To Top of page [Link]
pringles
Senior Member

1040 Posts
2/08
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 01:13:35 PM
Talent Testing Enhances Medical Council, Outreach Program (Xbiz)

LOS ANGELES — Talent Testing Services on Tuesday named Dr. David Smith, M.D., M.A.S., an infectious disease specialist, to head its Internal Medical Council and Outreach Program.

Talent Testing Services (TTS), which is based in Miami and has drawing facilities across the country, said the move was "in response to the recent syphilis outbreak, the growing industry concern over STDs and the misinformation that has come along with it."

The TTS Medical Council and Outreach Program will help answer questions from performers, agents and production companies regarding syphilis treatment, HIV, HBV, HCV and any others related to sexually transmitted diseases, the announcement said.

more at the link above

APHSS, L.A. County Confirm 9 Adult Performers May Have Syphilis (Xbiz)

CANOGA PARK, Calif. — After a meeting yesterday with L.A. County Public Health (LACPH) officials, Free Speech Coalition (FSC) Executive Director Diane Duke and Adult Production Health & Safety Services (APHSS.org) representatives have received confirmation that nine as-yet-unidentified adult performers have tested positive for syphilis.

more at the link above

Go To Top of page [Link]
von_swine
Senior Member

Dominance & Persecution.
1889 Posts
1/04
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 01:21:15 PM


pornlaw wrote:
So now that everyone is going to start producing again and FSC/APHSS/Manwin is directing the return to work I started thinking about how APHSS will handle the issue of a performer with positive syphilis test but is cured and cleared to return to work...



^ the irony, I was speaking w/my pal Mark Zane about what it's going to be like for performers who might have to deal with testing positive for syhilis, getting it treated and re-testing again, and then seeing what your scene partner has to say about your 'reactive' status on your paperwork or online result? if you get pulled/bounced, then the producer/director is gonna get pissed because you just jammed him up and prolly wont hire you again. and this is after you've been treated and are no longer a threat. it was my understanding that the reason xxx doesnt do full panel every month is because of all of the 'dormant' viruses or infections performers can carry will keep showing up and constantly derail productions. and this is where the real commitment came in over the years, especially for the male performers, since issues like this would (and will), come and go every few years and they tend to have much longer careers in performing than the women do. which is prolly why most of the male vets can seem to have a cavalier attitude towards events like this because they intend to persevere since they have NO intention of leaving the money & pussy xxx is providing.

we're in a business that the wrong people are trying to mainstream. porno shouldnt be mainstreamed anyways, it's for castaways and losers and people who have a degree of depravity for sale, (Steve Holmes has that in spades, me, in much smaller increments,lol), so we're already in a pool/environment that's loaded w/sexual risk. there's nothing wrong w/trying to be safe or implement the best possible protocols for testing and treatment procedures, but we all know that is NOT the crux of the problems. it's what performers are doing on their own time off camera and what importance they put on that days paycheck when a character decision needs to be made. some good will eventually come out of all this but we're still far and away from seeing the end of the bad,..for now. lates, Von S.

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 04:22:24 PM


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:


InFamous wrote:

Once again LCF you jump to conclusion, I check out the orgy movie he was in from the Jules Jordan website. The director he shot it for was Alexander DeVoe, the movie was release in July. I look up DeVoe name on Twitter, and the movie he shot the orgy was in May. Pornlaw said Mr Marcus must had it around June. BTW LCF you need to do some research, and stop speculate what you hear. Like I said you jump to conclusion.


No man you are dismissing FACTS , Mr Marcus himself said that he was diagnosed Syphilis at SECOND STAGE when he tested positive in July 11 , do your researches , man secondary syphilis occur approximately 4 to 6 week after primary syphilis , which lasts 3 to 6 weeks and develop after an average of 3 weeks of incubation , that means that he couldn't have gotten it in midjune as was guessed , we all thought (including me not just Pornlaw) he went to the doctor as soon as the first symptoms occurred so we all guessed he got it 3 weeks before (mid june), but he said he had not any, the whole primary syphilis arrived and was gone giving no signs of its presence.

But if he had Secandary Syphilis ( and this has been said by Mr Marcus himself so it is not a guess nor speculation) then he contracted it no less than two months earlier so not mid june , it'll be AT LEAST mid-APRIL

no jumping to anything man just FACTS , all those exposed to him since April should get SERIOUS tests

Orgy Masters has been released early in June , I don't know when it was filmed though , maybe a month before , in early May , but if he had Secondary Syphilis at the beginning of July (as he himself said) then he was already infected although with no signs

also it is a fact that someone here linked a pic with Mr Marcus' dick and balls full of warts from a scene he shot in early June for Bangbros' series Monster of Cock , both the pic and the flick have been removed from the site , there's no flick of him after May.

this removal is also a fact

I'm not jumping to nothing , these are facts

Also I'm not blaming him and have no agenda I just WANT THE TRUTH
An article from the United States National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (is that reliable enough?) here

excerpts

for Primary Syphilis:


Follow-up blood tests must be done at 3, 6, 12, and 24 months to ensure that the infection is gone. Avoid sexual contact when the chancre is present, and use condoms until two follow-up tests have indicated that the infection has been cured.

For Secondary Syphilis:


Secondary syphilis can be cured if it is diagnosed early and treated effectively. Although it usually goes away within weeks, in some cases it may last for up to 1 year. Without treatment, up to one-third of patients will have late complications of syphilis.

Do you guys feel like all of this is handled correctly?

I'm not even discussing Mr Marcus , my point is that there's too much hidden , there's people out there who is eager to shoot no matter what, giving shit to the health and safety of performers and talents

THAT is my main concern , Mr Marcus is just part of all of this and surely cannot be blamed for being infected an contagious not knowing it and there's no evidence he knew , even his warts could have been underestimated , something was wrong, but he's not a doctor , might have been too reckless , maybe even stupid , but so was for the whole crew in there , maybe they valued the money they spent for setting up a shoot more than the performer's lives including that of Mr Marcus , if they were true friends would have said: Hey man something is wrong here , don't worry about the shoot go find a doctor we will resume this shoot another time.


Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/28/2012 9:47:57 AM


LCF you still don't know bs, that movie he made was in May, and release on July 7. It take a month or two for a movie to be out because of editing and other stuff. Also Pornlaw said that he must got it in June, and the second stage of syphilis was in July. Why don't you just go to Jules Jordan Video website, and find the movie, and the director name that shot for. DeVoe have a Twitter because I search name on Goggle and he have an Twitter account. I look, and he had the girls from the movie and it was shot on May 10. You don't have to be on Twitter, you can look at tweet without having an account or used Google like I did. It not hard to do.

Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 05:12:47 PM
^
Man unless Mr Marcus is a wonder of nature it is IMPOSSIBLE for Syphilis to develop from infection to second stage in 3 weeks , do your scholars, read something before providing further BS

did you read anything of what I said ? do you grasp what I said ? Pornlaw expertise is LAWS not medicine his conclusion , as I stated, is based on a syphilis detected at his very first stage , 21 days before , but he was on second stage so he contracted it at least THREE MONTHS before July 11 that means APRIL well before MAY , also it has been shown a pic of his dick with clear second stage syphilis warts in a flick shot on June 27 for Bangbros , and this put the day he contracted it even earlier

As for the movie I don't need a twitter nor I need to talk to Devoe , I saw the movie and it has already been said that it was shot in May , but AGAIN the infection occurred VERY LIKELY in APRIL


Also if you keep discussing with your twitter in account , you should at least quote it , you keep saying everywhere you are talking with everybody via twitter with no proof of this , I believe you but there are things like links , use them

Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/28/2012 5:21:40 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 05:52:53 PM
^
I used Twitter but I don't follow pornstar on there, I just type there name on the search, OK LCF here is the link

https://twitter.com/AlexanderDeVoe/status/198790237462335488

The date on there was May 4 that when he shot the movie so that was easy to do isn't it. BTW leave the issue the people who are in the industry because they know more then us.

Go To Top of page [Link]
killbillvol69
Moderator

^Lucy Pinder
13835 Posts
4/08
Posted - Aug 28 2012 : 06:28:26 PM
@Laurie Cameron Fan & InFamous: This is a very active thread with a lot of information, and some of it contradicts other information, but that's just how it goes sometimes. We are all doing our best, collectively as posters on this thread, to sort it all out. But we shouldn't get angry with each other or anything.

In a complicated thread such as this, with so many issues being addressed, we need to work together to get the best results.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Pontus Maximus
Senior Member

Man of Steel, meet your match.
2701 Posts
9/02
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 12:04:29 AM


pat362 wrote:
Faking his test is the smoking gun in this little mistery that makes his action malicious.

Pat362, we almost agree on this point, but not quite.

I agree with you up to a point: As I stated before in this thread, in my opinion, Mr. Marcus should be banned from porn forever for faking his test. That single act made him the architect of his own career demise (Mr. Marcus, himself, would agree that faking his test was the single worst mistake in his 18 year porn career).

That said, please don't forget what I wrote here:



5.) Mr. Marcus was caught faking his STI test result in a futile effort to conceal the fact that he had contracted syphilis. Since he had received treatment and there's no evidence that he was contagious at this point, his motive was simply to avoid having to explain his reactive for syphilis status (due to it still being in his system but rendered harmless by the penicillin).

Also here:



4.) After Mr. Marcus learned that he had syphilis, (according to him) he immediately cancelled his shoots to coincide with the 10-day treatment period called for by his doctor (he did this even though he indicated that he desperately needed the money from the shoots because an earlier contract deal had fallen through). Why would he bother to cancel those shoots (including that one on July 23) if he didn't care about the health of other porn performers as some people have claimed or implied?

Therefore I wouldn't describe Mr. Marcus faking his test as malicious, just incredibly stupid, short-sighted, and completely unnecessary. Had he not faked his test, all else being equal, he would have been able to resume his porn career just as soon as the moratorium is lifted.

Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 12:22:28 AM
^
I agree with your last part , but his forged tests are actually self explanatory , as dumb as he was , it is still unexcusable , he cannot be trusted , I don't even think we should discuss this, what really does matter is what REALLY happened and when



killbillvol69 wrote:
@Laurie Cameron Fan & InFamous: This is a very active thread with a lot of information, and some of it contradicts other information, but that's just how it goes sometimes. We are all doing our best, collectively as posters on this thread, to sort it all out. But we shouldn't get angry with each other or anything.

In a complicated thread such as this, with so many issues being addressed, we need to work together to get the best results.


I completely agree that's why I'm still discussing in this thread and why I get pissed having my posts called BS with no argumentations from someone who apparently didn't even bother to read them , my apologies for this , this is is very rare on my part.

I want to point out once again that I'm updating my opinion on this matter according to some informations , especially those provided by Mr Marcus himself, my goal is to seek the truth, I'm not blaming Mr Marcus of anything furthermore is not a blame nor a crime to get an infection and transmit it unwillingly if you don't know you have it.

I'm most definitely not discussing his forged tests , I'm not even sure he's the only one who did this , maybe he's just the one who got caught, for example if you know you have syphilis from a third laboratory , you just need to have well accepted CET tests , it has been revealed they don't do syphilis tests so if you know you have it you just go with them and stay undetected , even TTS didn't until recently,they begun to do such exams on July 12 , when they found Mr Marcus positiveness.I want also to point out that Mr Marcus went to TTS especially to get syphilis exams under his doctor request, if he really wanted to stay hidden he just needed a CET exam without the voice "syphilis - positive" on it.

So to understand when he was infected may help to make clear that it is not possible he was alone in all that time (Possibly April to July)it is also not possible that the infected are just 9, all discovered by TTS some weeks ago.


Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/29/2012 1:45:50 AM

Go To Top of page [Link]
Pontus Maximus
Senior Member

Man of Steel, meet your match.
2701 Posts
9/02
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 12:58:20 AM


illmatic wrote:
From the Daily Beast article, it seems that Marcus is now changing his story. I thought he initially was saying that one of the testing services helped him alter his test. Now he's saying he photocopied the original in a manner to hide his syphilis test results. Seems like this dude is just digging himself into a deeper hole and deserving of the majority of flak he's getting over this.

The bolded part Mr. Marcus said in all three of the interviews he's given so far (XBiz, AVN, Daily Beast):



(Source: XBiz)
Date: August 22, 2012

Marcus claimed that folding the test and making a copy of it made it look “identical to what TTS did and the way I did it.”




(Source: AVN)
Date: August 23, 2012

On the TTS test dated July 21, Marcus claims he folded the test in such a way that the syphilis portion was obscured, photocopied it, and presented it to the Blazing Bucks director.




(Source: Daily Beast)
Date: August 27, 2012

Q: How hard was it to fake a test?

A: Honestly, it wasn’t that hard at all. I sat in my office. I had a copy of the test. I literally folded it once. It made me pause. And, I decided to make a copy of the test, and that made it look like a regular test. That was stupid. It wasn’t necessary.



Go To Top of page [Link]
pornlaw
Member

890 Posts
10/05
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 12:58:15 PM
Porn- The New Political War Grounds?

New article posted - written by pornstar Alia Janine on the syphilis outbreak & what needs to be done !

AdultBizLaw.com

Go To Top of page [Link]
LCF
Senior Member

8655 Posts
1/05
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 03:52:24 PM
^
very interesting , Alia is right in many accounts
Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:25:49 PM


pornlaw wrote:
Why does everyone care about who it is ?

Does it matter ?

I am surprised that no one is asking any other questions about this situation...


Of course it matters. I really don't want to consume/purchase porn by people who think their own personal finances means they can scam and cheat and (potentially) infect unknowing women. It was disgusting when it happened with Marc Wallice and it's terribly depressing to see that faking tests is still fairly easy to get away with even though that fool "Dr." Sharon Mitchell is no longer on watch.

I'm sure the Schadenfruede from this asshole Weinstein will double down on his condom Jihad. This sort of scandal makes it look like there is no institutional control within the industry. You can get away with that if you are an oil company, but not something on the margins of legality like porn.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:40:58 PM


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:
In the Good ol days of AIM all of this couldn't happen , the very moment they had a positive they would have alerted the producers until the performer was cleared , and he or her cannot fake anything , this procedure was meant to avoid another Marc Wallice case (the one who faked his HIV tests) and would have worked this time too.
those running the TTS aren't completely innocent they alerted the authorities but not the producers so that he has had any opportunity to continue to work for at least a month but we don't know how long he was infected could have been long before his test.
=============

The good old days of AIM? Is that satire or a sick joke. I think the same dynamic played then as it appears to now. Cronyism.

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:41:20 PM
So what next for Mr Marcus because he is not going to have it easy, he face jail time for this. I will be shock if the DA in LA will charge him because this is a crime.
Go To Top of page [Link]
urthoughts
Senior Member

Just Throw Your Thoughts Sign In The Air
2886 Posts
7/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:49:23 PM


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:
^
It is very unlikely that they are unrelated and yet occurred exactly at the same time



urthoughts wrote:
the industry is waiting 10 days before filming begins, porn WILL return ladies and gents

No man a great epidemic may begin , and will lead to the death of porn.
Too many lies , a serious treat handled like a kid would do , they're just hiding the dirty under the carpet , but it is still there


Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/27/2012 4:41:33 PM


smash pictures just completed jennifer whites scene yesterday and it looks amazing

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:49:27 PM


deusnova wrote:
Posted from TRPWL


I had a quick phone chat with the producer who shot the talent with forged test. The interview was cut short by a phone call and I doubt I will get a return call. However this is what information I was able to gather:

1. Patient emailed a copy of the test first.
2. Talent showed up on set with a black and white copy
3. Producer tried to scan it but was having net issues at shoot location
4. Under the section that says syphilis instead of reactive or non-reactive the letters N/A appeared
5. The female that was booked allegedly was romantically involved with the male positive talent
6 Producer was told they traveled together
7. Because of this the producer went ahead and shot
8. After shoot he logged in using Q code due to the poor quality of the test
9. Patients email was dated July 23rd and shoot was July 25th.
10. Producer says there’s little doubt test was altered
11. I have name of scene partner but at this time I am not releasing it

According to Xbiz he tested on July 21st

The female talents STD status hasn’t been confirmed yet

Other things of interest — producer says both parties really wanted to do the shoot. Producer only checked TTS later due to the poor quality of test.





Negligence should be no excuse on the part of the producer. Based on your 11 bullet points. #5 and #6 trumped #1, #2 (the copy should have set off alarms); #3 - laziness is no excuse here. They took a short cut to save time, ergo money. Sloppy and negligent.

Cronyism. "No worries bro, she's my girlfriend".

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:51:52 PM
[
the agent of Gabriella Paltrova is an asshole and a dangerous one , she's not suppose to shoot and he's not supposed to book her during this time , no surprise that some D-stars are still shooting with this kind of agents

Edited by - Laurie Cameron Fan on 8/22/2012 1:58:33 AM


A bunch of goddam scofflaws. People trying to make cash around the quarantine. This industry is just begging to be taken down on public safety issues.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 05:54:51 PM


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:
^
Apparently yes

EDIT

I just read Mike South

Prophylaxis on Syphilis?

WTF?
===============

Jesus, I agree. This will only serve to create super strains to overcome the penicillin. Viruses participate in evolution just like us.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:00:24 PM


killbillvol69 wrote:
As pornlaw points out in his article a couple posts back, and as many have said above, it's both medically irresponsible and legally questionable to be handing out shots willy-nilly to anyone and everyone in the biz, and further to be requiring said shots as a condition of hiring the performer again.

Have FSC/APHSS lost their minds? Do they not have a single medical or legal professional on staff or even close to them?

[edit: fixed a bit]

Edited by - killbillvol69 on 8/22/2012 1:38:10 PM


So it's more incompetent than AIM. Jesus, this makes me want to go back on hiatus from porn consumption. Circle the wagons and shoot inward. And are girls being bullied by their agents to shoot scenes? Sickening and depressing state of affairs.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:03:45 PM


InFamous wrote:
So now it's Mr Marcus, this is ever worst then Penn State. So what will Lexington Steele, Sean Michael, Prince, and all of the black performers will say? I guess they will come together and defend him like most black people do just like OJ Simpson? Motherfucker now that he cost to more harm, and not only he will be banned from porn for life but could be going to jail.


Edited by - Infamous on 8/22/2012 7:25:20 PM


This is only worse than Penn State if Marcus fucked a 10 year old boy in the shower and gave him syphilis. Are you kidding me?

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:06:43 PM


mike23 wrote:
^his claim that TTS gave him an altered test is an obvious lie, if he had a altered test already why would he photocopy a test in order to omit the syphillis section if he ALREADY had an altered test? SMH he just made himself look like and even bigger douche, casting blame on someone else for his own stupid mistakes.

Why would any producer accept a copy of a test. a photocopy? Are you kidding me. I bet my 10 year old nephew with a scanner and photoshop could mung a test to look legit. Were no lessons learned from Marc Wallice Affair? Call it blind trust, cronyism or sheer laziness. This was preventable if established protocols were adhered too. If nothing else to prevent legal liability. I hope these girls sue

Go To Top of page [Link]
Ramsey
Senior Member

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be!
17874 Posts
10/02
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:15:41 PM


InFamous wrote:
So what next for Mr Marcus


Welcome to Burger King can I take your order?
Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:17:42 PM


InFamous wrote:


Laurie Cameron Fan wrote:
^

Unless race is put in the field to distract people from what really matters

confrontation now seem to be Blacks against everybody else , which is stupid , unless I'm blind I never happen to read an accusation on Mr Marcus based on the fact he's black.

On the contrary some defences are made only because he's black


Well I'm a afraid this will turn into a race thing because he is black, and we know Lexington Steele and Jack Napier have choose to be on Mr Marcus side. You will see more blacks in porn on his side, and will make it an race issue. BS it't not about races it's bout what he done was wrong, and when he no longer on this earth he will answer to god. Now why when an famous black person like OJ Simpson, Michael Vick, Michael Jackson (if you call him black), and Mike Tyson get in trouble with the law and blacks stand up for them, I don't understand that. Now why is Marc Wallice in jail or why is every male pornstar like Tom Bryon who did scenes with Traci lords who almost killed whole industry because she lied bout her ages.

Edited by - Infamous on 8/24/2012 8:13:37 PM


It's not a race issue it's a cash issue. He wanted to work. He cheated, lazy/stupid producer asleep at the switch. Forfeit for all time the right to return. Let Lex and Jack hire him for their series. See what they get in backlash.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:20:52 PM


Kezza wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if Mr Marcus is not patient Zero but made a silly decision to hide it. I personally believe those who are trying to cover it up and have gagged him are shitting bricks, I suspect the numbers are going to get a lot higher and they know it.

http://www.xbiz.com/news/153188

Edited by - Kezza on 8/24/2012 11:49:37 PM


This would be even a worse state of affairs, b/c it would mean that the culprit is still out there and could be working after the quarantine.

Go To Top of page [Link]
torris
Senior Member

Deep within Mila's anus
2020 Posts
1/00
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:22:33 PM


InFamous wrote:
[

BTW who is Bill Margold?

Edited by - Infamous on 8/25/2012 7:17:32 PM



Ha hahhhahhh. You might not realize it, but excellent comeback.

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:50:26 PM


torris wrote:

It's not a race issue it's a cash issue. He wanted to work. He cheated, lazy/stupid producer asleep at the switch. Forfeit for all time the right to return. Let Lex and Jack hire him for their series. See what they get in backlash.


It's best they want to kept working for the top companies that shoot IR (JJV, Elegant Angel, Evil Angel) because not many companies who don't shoot IR (Brazzers, Vivid, Wicked, DP, and NA) or don't cast blacks. Why do blacks want to make it an race issue. They have Black History Month, there is a cable channel called BET, ever most of the players in the NFL and NBA are black. Can we just get along.


Edited by - Infamous on 8/29/2012 6:52:32 PM

Edited by - Infamous on 8/29/2012 6:56:09 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 06:55:46 PM


torris wrote:



This is only worse than Penn State if Marcus fucked a 10 year old boy in the shower and gave him syphilis. Are you kidding me?

No he would give the prisoner syphilis because we know that happen if you drop the soap in prison..

Edited by - Infamous on 8/29/2012 7:01:41 PM

Go To Top of page [Link]
InFamous
Deactivated User

1298 Posts
2/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 07:06:19 PM


Ramsey wrote:


InFamous wrote:
So what next for Mr Marcus


Welcome to Burger King can I take your order?

You think the health insepctor you will shut down a Burger King because he gave syphilis to the customer. Speaking of Burger King I haven't had an cheeseburger since the storm yesterday in Tampa.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Kezza
Member

Female porn lover
348 Posts
6/12
Posted - Aug 29 2012 : 08:43:48 PM

Number reportedly closer to 30; production throughout Europe still set to resume Sept. 3

CHATSWORTH, Calif.—Several representatives from Europe's adult industry community have confirmed to AVN that reports in the adult media late last week concerning the number of European performers who've contracted syphilis were wildly inflated, and that there are actually between 20 and 30 cases.

All parties reported that the European talent pool has taken the necessary precautions to prevent further spread of the disease, as well as adopted new testing protocols requiring a more comprehensive test and a shorter time window between tests. In addition, all corroborated that production is on track to resume there beginning Sept. 3.

"I have the list of syphilis positive people on my desk, and we control the situation as much as it is possible," said Ezster, proprietor of leading Budapest-based talent agency Brill Babes. "There aren't new cases since beginning of August at all, only the 20 people we knew already about. All the male actors got the penicillin already and they are able to work with girls only who got the pre-treatment as well. Nobody else can work without double syphillis check (RPR + TPHA exams) and without injection [of penicillin]. The tests in the future will always include the double syphillis exams and everybody, even the healthy people, gets the penicillin injection till 3rd September."

To clarify, here is a brief explanation of the tests in question (assembled from online resources Rapid-Diagnostics.org and the U.S. National Library of Medicine): The RPR (rapid plasma reagin) test looks for an antigen released by the body when cells are damaged by the bacterium that causes syphilis, known as Treponema pallidum. The TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination assay) looks for an antigen released directly by the Treponema pallidum bacterium or an antibody to it produced after infection. Because these antibodies can remain in the bloodstream for years after a person has been infected, even if they've undergone treatment to erradicate the disease, a positive result from the TPHA does necessarily mean the person has an active infection. Likewise, a positive result from the RPR test does not necessarily mean the person has been infected by the Treponema pallidum bacterium. Therefore, using both tests in tandem provides a much more accurate confirmation of syphilis infection.

Cameron, a representative of Sandy's Models, another top Budapest agency, told AVN, "I think we have around 30 cases here in Budapest. We will restart work from the week of the 3rd of September, but all talent who has negative test must have one shot of penicillin to be sure if they have in their blood but the test still doesn't read."

He added, "We will accept STD test within 21 days in the future. [In the past] we have accepted it within 30 days. We will require two different kind of syphilis test, RPR and TPHA. From October, we only [accept] FULL STD test [including the double syphilis test]."

Cameron did concede, "I don't know how many cases are in Russia, Czech [Republic] and L.A. That's true we have heard about some syphilis cases in Russia in May and I know they didn't stop working, so it could come from them, but who knows now?"

Brill Babes' Ezster, however, said that the number of European syphilis cases being circulated in the media (as attributed to Rocco Siffredi) accounted for "the complete number of syphilis positive people [in] Russia, Czech and Hungary also including the private people [i.e. civilians] who did tests lately." Siffredi, she said, told her this after he saw that the higher numbers were being reported as strictly representing adult talent. Attempts by AVN to reach Siffredi by post time were unsiccessful.

Meanwhile, one of the largest spectres very likely contributing to this worldwide outbreak is the not-so-secret porn star escorting sub-industry, something Sandy Models' Cameron said just had to be accepted as part of the terrain.

"Yes, almost all porn girls doing escort—you, me cannot do anything with it," Cameron contended. "And escort[ing] wouldn't be a problem if girls protected themself. We must use the best and trustful tests, that's all you can do. As talent are working everywhere around the world, all lab should have the same system I think."

Despite all of the new precautions being implemented, director/performer David Perry for one is not sure he's ready to jump back into shooting as soon as the moratorium is lifted.

"You never know what people are doing," Perry told AVN. "I have a wife, I have a kid, so ... I don't want to say I'm an angel, but most of my time I'm at home. You don't know what people are doing by night and all that things, so for me, I'm not sure I'm going to start to perform again from the 3rd of September."


Some more news.

Go To Top of page [Link]
Page 8 of 14 First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last

All Forums -> Porn News - Press Releases
Previous topic: Trailer for Remy's Latest Feature

Next topic: NIKITA VON JAMES Is Xtreme Mag's Cover Girl

Jump To: